Opening on Staff: Outreach and Development Specialist
The Michigan Nature Association, a statewide land conservation organization headquartered in Williamston, Michigan, is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our fundraising and communication team. The new outreach and development specialist will be key to the continued growth of MNA.
- Producing accurate and timely donor communications (gift acknowledgements, renewals, etc.)
- Preparing fundraising reports for executive director and Board of Trustees
- Managing donor databases
- Planning MNA’s member events
- Writing grant proposals and tracking grant funding
- Identifying fundraising opportunities from foundations, corporations and public sources
- Tracking grant deadlines and projects
- Completing grant reporting
- Assisting executive director in qualifying and cultivating potential major and mid-level donors
- Scheduling and providing staff support for donor meetings
- Attending meetings and giving presentations to both groups and individuals
- Performing other duties as assigned by executive director and operations director
- Bachelor’s degree or one to two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with the principles of nonprofit fundraising
- Knowledge of and commitment to MNA’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success in organizational and communication competency areas
- Ability to coordinate major member events
- Demonstrated experience soliciting gifts
- Experience working with interns and volunteers
- Experience with DonorPerfect
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation, and a 403(b) savings plan are all provided.
Resumes accepted until January 25, 2013.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references via e-mail to Paul Steiner, Operations Director at email@example.com or mail to: Operations Director, Michigan Nature Association, 326 E. Grand River Ave., Williamston, MI 48895.
The Michigan Nature Association is an equal opportunity employer
committed to workplace diversity.