Job Opening: Development Director
Reporting to and in close partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Development will lead the fundraising efforts of the Michigan Nature Association as the organization continues to grow. As a new position within the organization, the Director of Development will have the opportunity to help shape and build all aspects of the development function within MNA.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Development Director will:
- Establish plans for annual fundraising and capital campaigns that incorporate clear objectives, goals, strategies and action plans to secure support for agreed upon priorities.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive moves management program that focuses MNA’s fundraising activities on securing major and planned gifts from individuals.
- Manage a portfolio of donors, conduct personal solicitations and assist in the development of donor cultivation events for the donors managed by this position.
- Analyze, identify and implement effective donor engagement and retention strategies to strengthen donor relationships with MNA.
- Assist in the development of fiscal year revenue forecasts and long-term growth projections, and report on a regular and timely basis on the progress toward MNA’s established revenue goals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with institutional funders, including assisting in identifying grant opportunities and grant writing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of experience in direct solicitation and a track record of successful results.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency for MNA’s mission and an ability to establish a clear set of priorities.
- Charismatic individual, with demonstrated integrity and trust in previous positions.
- Competency with budget management
- High level of personal computer skills.
- Strong organizational and conceptual skills, with an eye to detail.
- The ability to work effectively with timelines.
- The ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- The ability to work on a team.
- Experience creating a multi-faceted fundraising plan.
- Success cultivating a variety of donation/gift types (small, major, foundation, corporate).
- Ability to effectively integrate and train volunteers.
- Experience with Donor Perfect.
- Experience creating promotional materials.
- Familiarity with land protection is a plus.
Compensation is commensurate with experience including health benefits, life insurance, vacation and a 403(b) savings plan. Salary commensurate with experience.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter, resume writing sample and three references to Paul Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Development Director, Michigan Nature Association, 326 E. Grand River Ave, Williamston, MI 48895.
The Michigan Nature Association is an equal opportunity employer
committed to workplace diversity.